cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Green to White Gradient prints as Green to Red/Yellow Gradient on Xerox 700

Jump to solution

I have a green to white gradient that prints out as green to red/yellow banding. The gradient is high-resolution, created in Photoshop using a gradient layer with dithering, and placed with layers intact into an INDD file, which was printed to postscript before dropping into the Command Workstation. This method has worked great for me so far on all my other projects, but this gradient's colors are way off.

There are no magenta or yellow ink values at the bottom of the gradient, in the image itself. The banding itself is not all that bad, I could actually live with it, except for the fact that the bands are red and yellow. I am open to any suggestions as to how to get the color where it should be...thank you! 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Green to White Gradient prints as Green to Red/Yellow Gradient on Xerox 700

Jump to solution

Hi mactony,
Thank you for using the Xerox forum.

I believe you would want to isolate the issue, to understand where the problem could be.

To do this you may be able to use Command Workstation to view the pre-rip preview of the file and then the post rip image preview to eliminate if the defect was caused in the front end.

If the post rip image has the red bands but they aren't evident in the pre-rip then there could be a rip software issue, and if not seen at all, it may be an indication that the printer need maintenance. 

I would also suggest that you review the following:

The Xerox 700 product support site has many tips for image quality defects similar to
Use the Image Quality Kit to Confirm and Identify the Cause of the color Defect

If that does not resolve your issue you may consider contacting our specific product support experts for customers in the USA at the following link: Fast Track to the Expert or outside the USA by contacting the local support center in your area which you can find here

Mitch Swetsky
Xerox Customer Tools & Social Media Moderator
CM_Cert_Logo_Color.png

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues.
Your feedback counts!
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Green to White Gradient prints as Green to Red/Yellow Gradient on Xerox 700

Jump to solution

I turned off Colorwise and the problem went away. Gradients look beautiful, no doubt it was the problem, it's like night and day. I had a persistent problem with a reddish color-cast on images, and that disappeared as well.