cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Help with Printing

Operating System: Apple iOS

So, I have an older wifi enabled canon printer which is unfortunately not supported by AirPrint. I thought I could just use my google cloud print account but google being google removed the feature from chrome some time back. Canon's ios app is trash. I know a workaround is to save webpages to google drive as pdf and print from there but I was hoping someone might have an idea for a more streamlined solution. Any suggestions? TIA!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Help with Printing

You understand that Xerox is a direct competitor of Canon right?

Having said that, Besides buying a shiny new printer that supports Airprint, as long as you have a decent mac and a few extra dollars...

handyPrint (Formerly Print Activator) and Printopia are the most common methods to use old printers and Airprint, but neither are free, and both require  Mac to be connected to the printer.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
Highlighted

Re: Help with Printing

So, I have an older wifi enabled canon printer which is unfortunately not supported by AirPrint. I thought I could just use my google cloud print account but google being google removed the feature from chrome some time back. Canon's ios app is trash. I know a workaround is to save webpages to google drive as pdf and print from there but I was hoping someone might have an idea for a more streamlined solution. Any suggestions? TIA!

How big do you need them? I can do this but it would take a little while and be a decent amount due to how many different pieces it is (if you’re doing 2 sets, obviously less if it’s 1)

0 Kudos