cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Help with Users / Accounts - 2 different groups

I am having trouble with my accounting set-up on the WorkCentre 5745.

This is my scenario:

I have two groups of individuals. One group consists of about 50 users, who are allowed 1000 black copies and 1000 scans each. Each user needs to have a different User ID.

The other group consists of 1 user, who should have unlimited access to all services (copying, printing, fax, etc.).

I am having trouble limiting the privileges of the first group while giving the second group full access.

How do I do this?

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xerox Analyst
Xerox Analyst

Re: Help with Users / Accounts - 2 different groups

Hi,

You can not set "unlimited". You need to give a number. You always can put "99999999" this is the maximum. For all users from group one set a 1000 in copy and scan. For the second you set 99999999. You need to do it user by user.

Go to internet services -> properties -> Accounting -> Accounting Method - set it to Xerox Standard Accounting. The rest is simple, first creat both groups, then the users. Set the limits.

Regards

Rui

Be sure to give out Kudos and select "Accept as Solution"
0 Kudos
Highlighted

What I meant by unlimited was not the number but access to services.

I want the the one user to be able to do everything the machine can (copy, print, scan, fax, etc.)

I want the first group to only be able to copy.

What is the difference between Group Accounts and General Accounts?

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xerox Analyst
Xerox Analyst

Hi,

I think you need to set a General account to avoid limits, or set the limits to 0 to have no access.

Difference between both is not easy to explain. Any user can have several cost centers, these ones are the Group accounts.

General accounts are assigned to user(s). When a General Account is used, all tracking is against the General Account and not to the logged in accounting user. If the user decides to use a General Account, they will have no restrictions on how many color or black copies or prints they can produce - even if the user's limits may have been exceeded.

Not sure if this helps

Rui

Be sure to give out Kudos and select "Accept as Solution"
0 Kudos