cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How Workcentre-M118 to be recognized by Windows 7 64 bits /2

We have a Workcentre-M118 printer.

We try to connect it directly by USD to a portable computer SONY VAIO with OS Windows 7-64 bits, with no success !

When we use "Start/ Devices and Printers/Add printer" processus, WIndows 7 says "drivers not found,Xerox Work Centre M118 driver not signed ".

We search and found on Xerox.com those drivers -To use for  GLOBAL DIRVER ??? See updown :  

o    Date: Sep 9, 2011 o    Version: 5.216.19  o    Size: 14.5 MB  o    Format: EXE   Install from Web

o    ·          

o    Date: Sep 9, 2011 o    Version: 5.216.19 o    Size: 28.2 MB  o    Format: EXE

PCL5 64-bit Driver – Download and Install

o    ·          

o    Date: Sep 9, 2011 o    Version: 5.216.19 o    Size: 28.2 MB o    Format: EXE

PCL6 64-bit Driver – Download and Install

o    

o    Date: Sep 9, 2011 o    Version: 5.216.19  o    Size: 28.2 MB  o    Format: EXE PostScript 64-bit Driver – Download and Install

Do someone know how to use them  for Win 7-64 bits ? or to find another solution to do the Workcentre-M118 oriter to be recognized by Windows 7 64 bits ?

Remark : this printer print very well when it is used with a PC computer with OS WIndows XP-32 bits, via USB connection.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: How Workcentre-M118 to be recognized by Windows 7 64 bits /2

well, you need to unzip the global driver, dont use the webinstaller, thats only for networked printers

when you plug in the usb cable, goto device manager, update the device found and goto the unzipped driver you downloaded

PS: why do you want to connect it to usb anyway? why not use the lan interface?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

One question please :

After I have downloaded the Global Driver and unzip it (or them), which choice of those following drivers do I have to use between "PCL5-64 Bit Driver ", or "PCL-64Bit Driver" , or "PostScript 64-Bit Driver" for thid printer and ??

I use direct USB connection  for the Workcentre-M118 printer/portable computer SONY VAIO because I want to assure to find the correct dirver  for this printer.

After I will find this driverfor this printer and when I will be sure that I can print documents fromWorkcentre-M118  , I will use the lan interface.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

usb is not supported on that device , that usb port is for technicians only, thats why it doesnt detech the printer...

you need to configure the machine with the lan port, use pcl6 or ps , not pcl5 :)

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I note the remark about USB port is not possible.

So I try the lan port to connect the Workcentre-M118 printer to be becognized by Windows 7 64 bits on portable SONY VAIO.  :smileytongue:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

when you use the lan port the machine will not be recognized autmaticly...

its better to plug it in your router, if router is setup as dhcp, configure your machine as static

then use the add printer wizard tool and configure a local tcp ip port with the correct ip address of the machine

its better to contact your it person for this setup...

0 Kudos