cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to print on WorkCentre 7345 from 64-bit apps? (Snow Leopard)

Hi,

I've tried to find the best setup for printing on a WorkCentre 7345 from OS X 10.6.7 (Snow Leopard).

With 32-bit apps (eg. LibreOffice and 64-bit apps running in 32-bit mode) I can use the full feature set:

32-bit.png

With 64-bit apps, such as Preview, I can only use a limited subset of features:

64-bit 1.png

64-bit 2.png

This is working fine with the semi-official (?) 1.2.0 drivers.

The latest drivers (2.12.0-533) don't work at all:

crash.png

The questions:

• is there a working scenario for using all the features with 64-bit apps, without using 32-bit mode?
  • are there known problems with 2.12.0-533 and 10.6.7? Or why is it constantly crashing?
  • what kind of problems can I expect by running apps in 32-bit mode? (if that is the only workaround for now)
  • what's new in 2.12, compared to 1.2.0?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xerox Employee
Xerox Employee

Re: How to print on WorkCentre 7345 from 64-bit apps? (Snow Leopard)

Hello nbr,

Currently, there is no support for 64-bit apps and Mac OS.  I have heard that there might be a new driver coming soon, but I do not know how soon or what version or what the drivers may provide unfortunately.  Right now, the only way for you to print with all of the features in the driver is to run the app in 32-bit mode.

John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Technical Escalation User
Technical Escalation User

Re: How to print on WorkCentre 7345 from 64-bit apps? (Snow Leopard)

Hi,

maybe this Thread would be of your interest. I know it does not apply to your product but the topic is the same.

If your looking for latest driver is HERE. Same conditions on the other thread apply.

Rgds,

Please select Accept as Solution if you feel this post has helped you.
0 Kudos