cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
epotler New Member

InDesign CC2014 update with Fiery RIP

Indesign crashes when sending a document to print. For everyone using the latest version of InDesign with a Fiery RIP.

See adobe forumn below.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1502116?tstart=0

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Account Deactivated

Re: InDesign CC2014 update with Fiery RIP

Hi epotler.

Thank you for posting within the community forum.

I will share this informaiton with our engineers to see if there is a solution available.

Please select "Accept Solution" and / or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!
Thanks,
SandyP-Xerox
0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: InDesign CC2014 update with Fiery RIP

This has been reported and is being worked on.

The workaround from Adobe is to export as pdf/x and print from Acrobat or just import to Command Workstation, this is a much better and reliable workflow.

But....

I have had success using the same methods people used with Adobe Creative Suites 3-6 for the exact issue with Indesign and Illustrator (The 2 that use PPD's in addition to the printer).

Close everything on the mac and go to Mac HDD>Applications>Adobe Indesign CC>Presets and create a PPDs folder (if not already there). Drag and drop the PPD for your Fiery model from Library>Resources>Printers>PPDs>Contents>Resources if it is not there go one deeper into the en.lproj folder

After that, reboot the Mac and try again, I have had decent success with this method but not 100%, more like 80%, not sure what changes in that other 20% of cases.

I apologize if I messed up the folder structure, I'm going from memory while on Windows 8.

EFI (they make the Fiery RIP) is aware of the issue and it is also on their forum too.Fiery Forum

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos