Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Increase Printable Area

Product Name: Versalink C405
Operating System: Windows 10 x64

Hi all,

I print regularly to Avery L7169 label format which has very narrow margins on the left and right hand side. They are 4.65mm on each side.

Now the Versalink C405 states it can print to 4mm from the edge of the paper.

My label design prints to the edge of each label, so needs to print slightly beyond the label edge. i.e I really need it to print bang up to the 4mm edges or ideally down to 3mm. Depending on paper alignement and whether the sun is out or not, I get mixed results. Sometimes the printer seems to clip the left hand edge of the page ever so slightly so I get a white line down the left hand side of my labels. I can almost get it bang on with playing with X/Y alignment settings in the driver settings, but with 0.5mm to play with on either side, it does very much depend on which way the wind is blowing and how the paper was loaded into the tray as to whether they will line up.

So, does anyone know if it is possible to extend the printable are to 3mm from either edge, which would give me a little more to play with. It can't be a physical limitation of the printer as it will print on wider paper than A4, e.g Letter, which is 6mm wider, so I would imagine it is a printer setting/driver setting that is performing the clipping.

I tried setting the printer to 212x297 mm custom paper size, then in the print driver settings told it to change the paper size for the job to 212x297 which seemed to give me what I need with an extra mm to spare on either side, but it is a fudge.

Has anyone experimented with adjusting some of the driver settings in ini files etc. to achieve what I am looking for??

The PDF I am printing from goes to 3mm from the edge of the paper, so I know that is good.

See the attached images which demonstrate my issue.

Keep safe everyone... :)

left.jpgright.jpg

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Increase Printable Area

I notice in the drivers where it defines the page size A4 there are the following options

*Option: A4
	{
		*rcNameID: =RCID_DMPAPER_SYSTEM_NAME
		*switch: PageBorderless
		{
			*case: Borderless
			{
					*PrintableArea: PAIR(59526, 84186)
		                        *PrintableOrigin: PAIR(0,0)
			}
			*default:
			{
					*PrintableArea: PAIR(57222, 81882)
		                        *PrintableOrigin: PAIR(1152, 1152)
			}
		}	
	}

And later on in the driver file it states.

*%******************************************************************************
*%                        PageBorderless
*%******************************************************************************
*Feature: PageBorderless
{ 
  *% this is a hidden feature
  *rcNameID: =IDS_BORDERLESS
  *ConflictPriority: 70
    *DefaultOption: None
  *ConcealFromUI?: TRUE

*Option: None
  {
    *rcNameID: =OFF_DISPLAY
  }

*Option: Borderless
  {
    *rcNameID: =ON_DISPLAY
  }
}

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Increase Printable Area

Alas, tweaking these settings, although did make windows think it was borderless, the printer didn't.

0 Kudos