cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Job status printing count

I have a Xerox 7855 I use to be able to watch the count on a print job when I would go into job status then go to the job that is printing hit job progess and it would show how many have been printed to far. Now it just says one original. Is there a way to change this? On long jobs sometimes I like to check it to see how many I have left to print or how much more paper I need.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Highlighted
Analyst Nation Moderator
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: Job status printing count

I think that is tied to CWIS > Properties > Services > Print From > Reprint Saved Jobs > Enablement > Enabled

1.JPG

That has been disabled in the last 6-7 firmwares by default, but before that it was on by default. This being disabled is also why Secure Print only is not selectable in the printer properties.

2.JPG

If that doesn't resolve it, come back and I will do some testing in the lab when able.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I checked and it is already enabled. So that must not be the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Screen

This is what I'm talking about. It always says 1 original never tells me how many it has printed.

Now if I use the copier it gives me a total on how many pages are printed. But when printing from a computer it does not. Is there a setting to change somewhere?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Analyst Nation Moderator
Analyst Nation Moderator

Any idea when the option was lost? I can't find a particular firmware version where it didin't work, but mine on 073.040.066.08210 shows how many have printed for any print, and it does so from a PC, running Windows, using a Xerox global or native PS driver on a RAW, or an LPR port. Even with SNMP disabled it still works. It may have been broken in a certain spar firmware and never noticed until now on yours.

Secure Print jobs don't show page counts, but regular print does.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I don't know when it stopped working. I have had techs in to do updates on the machine. I asked one of them about it and they had no clue.

So should I update the software?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Analyst Nation Moderator
Analyst Nation Moderator

I would, I know it works in that version because I just tested it due to your post under Win 7 and 10 with 2 types of ports both with and without SNMP enabled.

Joe
0 Kudos
Highlighted

screen.jpgI tried to update it and got this message. The machine is a WorkCentre 7855 so not sure what the problem is. I am printing from a computer with Windows 8.1 If that makes any difference.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Analyst Nation Moderator
Analyst Nation Moderator

What is the current firmware version on the device itself?

Joe
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I think this is the number. It says Software Version

0 Kudos