cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
putyourlitterhere

Linux printer driver not containing necessary ppd file?

Product Name: WorkCentre 6515
Operating System: Linux

I have installed the Xerox Linux printer driver some months / years ago on my Desktop computer and it is working fine there. I do remember that I had to choose the XRWC6515.ppd file to get it working with the Xerox specific user interface. On the Desktop I have the driver installed in /opt/Xerox/

Now I wanted to install the same driver on my notebook. I download XeroxOfficev5Pkg-Linuxx86_64-5.20.661.4684.deb from the website and this now gives me the driver under /opt/XeroxOffice/ and this only has one single ppd file that does not work at all: XROFFSTD.ppd

It seems like the driver changed some time this year and now I can only find the XeroxOfficeStandard  printer driver (xeroxofficeprtdrv), but I want the Xerox Printer driver (xeroxprtdrv) (without "office").

Where did this other version go? Can I still get it from somewhere? Why is the new driver only including one single ppd file? Why is that so complicated?

If you have answsers to any of the questions, please let me know.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Linux printer driver not containing necessary ppd file?

Hello putyourlitterhere,.

If you have not already resolved this issue, we suggest you search our online knowledgebase for this product: WorkCentre 6515.

Alternatively, you can visit our Contact Us page for other support options

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!