cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

MAC 7556 Driver Checking Supplies level

I am attempting to print from a MAC using LPD to a shared print queue on a Windows server. The queue on the windows server is pointing to LPT2, it is just a dummy printer that is used to hold jobs until they are redirected to another queue when the user logs into the device. I am using the 2.94.3 driver package and using the WC 7556 driver. Whenever I open a print dialog, but before I actually print a document a print job named "Supplies Level" is registered in the print queue, my problem is that our accounting software is seeing this "Supplies Level" print job as an actual print job and is displaying and charging the user for the print job.

I have a feeling the driver is atetmpting to get supplies level information from the printer and is unable to. Does anyone know if there is anyway to disable this feature?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: MAC 7556 Driver Checking Supplies level

I just wanted to add one more thing. I do not see this behaviour when using the Universal Binary driver version 2.6.0, the problem with that is that driver only supported 10.5 and 10.6.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: MAC 7556 Driver Checking Supplies level

Some versions of the Xerox drivers have a cups status call, look for a line similar to:

*cupsCommands: "ReportLevels ReportStatus ..."

Removing these 2 report requests from the ppd will work around the issue.

0 Kudos