cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grebstad Member

Re: Mac OS 10.6.8 Update - Problems with Fiery Driver

Jump to solution

Right.. you are experiencing the same problem I had at work.

Either see my previous post or go directly to my thread in the EM forum

http://electro-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=48419

This isn´t something we can blame Xerox for. This is Apple´s mistake.

Highlighted
grebstad Member

Jump to solution

I´ve added an installer that restores the 10.6.8 versions of the 4 files in the backend folder in case Apple´s fix ( when it arrives ) requires the 10.6.8 files and won´t accept the older 10.6.7 versions.

See link in previous post.

0 Kudos
cuadvantage New Member

Jump to solution

This is worked for me, so far so good.. Thank you!

0 Kudos
cuadvantage New Member

Jump to solution

Maybe I need to be more specific.....his is the fix that worked for me:

I FOUND A FIX THAT IS EASY AND WORKS on the apple support forum!

http://www.geocities.jp/horiemonmail/Repair10.6.8.dmg 

0 Kudos
jig1 New Member

Jump to solution
grebstad, than you SO MUCH for this easy fix! I spent hours trying to figure out why it stopped working for our mac computers. This was super easy to install. Thanks again!!!
0 Kudos
madden New Member

Jump to solution
I have a Xerox docucolor 240 with same printer paused issue. I tried just replacing the lpd file with one from 10.6.7 and I get error that printer software not installed correctly! I deleted the printer and readded it, same error. I ran the fix Repair 10.6.8 per above, and now job goes thru, but NOTHING prints! No errors. Any other ideas?

On another mac, I cannot even pick the 240 driver to even add the printer. I get error "cups-see other." What does this mean?

thanks.
0 Kudos
madden New Member

Jump to solution

I have a Xerox docucolor 240 with same printer paused issue.  I tried just replacing the lpd file with one from 10.6.7 and I get error that printer software not installed correctly! I deleted the printer and readded it, same error. I ran the fix Repair 10.6.8 per above, and now job goes thru, but NOTHING prints!  No errors.  Any other ideas?

On another mac, I cannot even pick the 240 driver to even add the printer.  I get error "cups-see other."  What does this mean?

thanks.

0 Kudos
Shatner New Member

Jump to solution
Preposterous solution.
0 Kudos
macosuser New Member

Jump to solution

tier 2 support tech sent me the Repair10.6.8.dmg and it worked immediately

0 Kudos
grebstad Member

Jump to solution
jig1 - I´m glad it worked for you. Keep my other restore installer around in case Apple finally manages to issue a proper fix. I sent the the two installers to my local Xerox dealer before I left for summer holidays in Spain. It seems they managed to solve some serious problems for many customers. However, as the actual problem is a bit more convoluted I´m sure there must be cases where my "fix" doeesn´t quite work, but the mac Fiery drivers seem to be fairly consistent.

madden - replacing just the lpd won´t work. See link to my page at the EM forum in a previous post.
0 Kudos