Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Re: Mac OS 10.6.8 Update - Problems with Fiery Driver

Jump to solution

Hello Mac Users.

Xerox has created a fix for the issue of printing being paused after upgrading your Mac to OS 10.6.8.  It is a file that is available from our 2nd level support centres.  Please contact your centre to obtain the file. 

You can visit our Contact Us page for information on reaching your support centre.  .

Thank You

Cherylo-Xerox

Xerox Forums Moderator

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
ckd21 New Member

Jump to solution

I have gone in so many circles trying to get this corrected. PLEASE post a link to download the fix - I don't think I can talk to any more customer service people.

0 Kudos
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
jlucia40 New Member

Jump to solution
Cheryl,
Thanks for the update, but so far I've had two separate calls to get this with T2 support and I've waited 35 minutes for both. Is there a reason this is not part of the download under the DC 240/252/260 printer? I've wasted more time trying to get the "official" solution than it would have taken me to do the hacked solutions out on the web.

@Fabio. Thanks for the link, but if I don't have user credentials (my forum ones don't work) then really what is the point of putting the link up there. Sorry if I'm venting, but really 1 hour to download a file is just preposterous.

0 Kudos
grebstad Member

Jump to solution

Seems that we need a username and password. However.. is this pretty much the same thing I have put together and posted here: http://electro-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=48419   ???

..But not including the restore installer?  

0 Kudos
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Jump to solution

sorry, i forgot to paste the user info :)

The Username needed is fileuser and the Password is webshare_08

0 Kudos
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Jump to solution

sorry, i forgot to paste the user info :)

The Username needed is fileuser and the Password is webshare_08

0 Kudos
grebstad Member

Jump to solution

OK.  Cool.  I`ve downloaded it and checked the contents. It´s exactly the same as my own fix, which means it will work just fine. 

0 Kudos
ckd21 New Member

Jump to solution

Fabio,

THANK YOU!!!

I'm finally up and running again without having to jump through hoops for customer service people pr convert everything to work from a Windows machine. I thank you and more importantly, my clients thank you!

- Colleen

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator PamY-Xerox

Jump to solution

Hi Gabem,

While we are waiting for an official patch to be released from Apple to address the CUPS printing issue, we have made our temporary fix available. The file can be accessed on the Drivers & Downloads pages for the affected products on the Support site, or here:

http://xrx.sm/MacOS10.6.8Fix

This is not a permanent solution and is not intended for 10.7 / Lion, but will correct the problem for our products in 10.6.8.

If you have problems installing this fix, or otherwise, please contact the Support Center.

Thanks,

PamY-Xerox

Community Manager

Thanks,
PamY-Xerox

Be sure to give out Kudos and select "Accept as Solution"
0 Kudos