cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahkabbara New Member

Mac OS X 10.6.5 and Work Centre 5230A

Hello,

I'm trying to print to the Xerox Work Centre 5230A using mac os x 10.6.5 but it doesn't seem to work. I have downloaded the latest drivers from here

http://www.support.xerox.com/support/workcentre-5225/support/enus.html

and everything seems to be setup correctly, but when a test page is printed, about 15 blank pages are printed and the first page has 1 line of jiberish on it.

Attempting to print  regular document results in the printer receiving a document with 0 page size.

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Mac OS X 10.6.5 and Work Centre 5230A

0 Kudos
ahkabbara New Member

I tried this driver and have the same issue. I'd like to note that using the 

Xerox WorkCentre M118 - Gutenprint v5.2.3 

that comes bundled in os x allows me to print A4 pages, but when I attempt A3 the printer automatically decides to print A4

0 Kudos
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

are you sure that a PS module is avaible for your machine? this is optional to buy...

you need this module for printing from PS drivers (mac)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ahkabbara New Member

Hi,

Since I'm not the one who purchased the workcentre I don't know. How can I find out? If it doesn't have the PS module does it mean I cannot print from mac os x?

0 Kudos
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

if you print a config report , there must be a Adobe icon displayed on each page at the bottom.
or can you post the system software version? it must be something like : 1.227.2 + PS

otherwise you dont have a PS module , the only way to print is using a generic PCL driver included in mac 10.6 , but believe me , thats horrible slow... especially when using color

you need a PS module to have the best setup for MAC
0 Kudos