cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dsanchez

Mac printing error on Xerox WC 7120

Product Name: Other - specify product in post

Hi, recently we bought a WC 7120, i installed it in every pc on the network, and works great, but in every mac i installed the driver it stops working after a while, and the printer screen displays a error number, error 016-573, ive been serched all over the internet and already ask to the seller but nobody knows what this means. I installed the driver from the installer in the cd, the printer has a static ip, and only mac computers got the error. Can you help me?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Fabio
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Mac printing error on Xerox WC 7120

thats indeed a difficult code :)
xerox released a new driver for mac , it isnt published though... but here is the link :

also install the latest firmware also on the machine , you can download it on the support section.

http://www.support.xerox.com/support/workcentre-7120/file-download/enus.html?operatingSystem=macosx&...

0 Kudos
Fabio
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

ok , i have found your error  :)

Document name with accent characters generate error code 016-573, from Mac OS 10.6.3 

here is the correct driver that fixes that issue... , although the one i posted earlier is newer , so that driver should include also the fix... try both :)

PS: xerox should have known about this issue , they fixed it :)

http://www.support.xerox.com/support/workcentre-7755-7765-7775/file-download/enus.html?contentId=112...

0 Kudos
jwishmyer

Installed WC 7120 yesterday and none of the Macs will print. Loaded the driver Version 1.29.0 (484)

Setup is all good but when I click Print, the 7120 spits out 1-2 pages with some text at the top and 30-50 blank pages. 

Macs are running OS 10.6.6 and have tried printing from Safari, Entourage, Word, etc. 

Please help

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
bossoam

I have a MacBook on windows based network, and a Xerox WC 7120 is shared on this network. 

I have the Xerox driver for MAC OS X 10.6.. My MAC has the 10.6.8 OS X.

Print orders reach the printer but don't get printed.

I get the error msg "Completed Error" on the printer, shown next to my computer name and file name Im trying to print.

What could be the solution.  

0 Kudos
Fabio
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

have you both bought the PS module, you need this module to print from mac...

default the machine is only able to print pcl data

0 Kudos
bossoam

What is the Post Script Module? A Software? pardon my lack of some technicals in IT :)

If it is a downloadable software, please provide us with the link.

If not, then please elaborate.

thanks

0 Kudos