cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

MacOS 10.15.4 Driver Issues

Product Name: Xerox AltaLink C8055
Operating System: macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hello, I have six AltaLink C8055 machines all with software v101.002.109.33800 and 60 Macs. I hope my explanation makes sense as I've tried to troubleshoot the best I can and only relay the important info here.

I think (not 100% sure) MacOS Catalina 10.15.4 "broke" our Xerox driver. I've done some testing between MacOS 10.15.3 and 10.15.4 and I believe our issues only appear with 10.15.4 and not 10.15.3. Our issues also happen with both Xerox drivers v5.3.0 and v5.5.2.

Issue: Tray 1 is always the default regardless of when Auto Select is selected in the print dialog window. The "Current" and "Last Used" printer settings also show Tray 1 being selected, even when the 'Default Settings" show that Auto Select is selected. So Tray 1 appears to be the default after the MacOS 10.15.4 update. "Resources needed" is the error we get on the AltaLink asking for the correct paper in Tray 1.

Selecting the correct tray is a temporary workaround for us, but I wanted to confirm that you are aware of this Tray 1 default issue.

Anyone having the same issue?

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 6.53.32 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-15 at 6.53.24 AM.png

Thank you,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: MacOS 10.15.4 Driver Issues

You are correct, Apple broke the print system again

Now Xerox again will have to find a way to make it work on the new system, which will in turn break it on the old system.

Xerox 2nd level is well aware of the issue because customers are calling in with the issue.

Xerox Standard Accounting will also fail if you install the driver via Bonjour or IPP. I had one instance where an LPD port made the tray selection and the XSA thing work again, but I think the tray thing getting fixed was a fluke in that case

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: MacOS 10.15.4 Driver Issues

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'll keep checking the Xerox driver site for an update.

0 Kudos