cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Digitaria New Member

Machine Not Available - Please wait services are being retrieved

Hello,

Our Minneapolis office has 25 Mac users that print to our Xerox 7775 WorkCenter printer. More often than not it is a PDF that locks it up. They are all set up as LPD, and are using the latest 2.94.3 driver package for Mac OS 10.8

We have to cycle the power in order to resume printing. It has caused a lot of problems and missed meeting times waiting for the printer to come back on line. Asking the user to not use "Preview" on the Mac, and also asking them to "print as image" when they print from Adobe Acrobat has helped, but only has cut the lock ups in half.

Machine Not Available

Any thoughts?

Thanks much

Mike

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Agency Analyst MikeAXEY2C-AA
Agency Analyst

Re: Machine Not Available - Please wait services are being retrieved

0 Kudos
Digitaria New Member

I noticed that there is an "Auto Upgrade" option when I went into the machine software properties. Is this something I can try doing after hours, and see if the firmware updates on it's own?

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
Digitaria New Member

Any movement on this? I got busy for 6 months :) Needed to come and revist this. Still having the same issue. It also happens when people print PDF's from within Firefox on a Mac. Darn Macs!

They are on 10.8.4 OSX and running the latest xerox driver, I think it is 2.94.x

0 Kudos
Highlighted
mxpardo New Member

I am having the same problem with the printer installed on 2008 R2 server with win 7 and xp clients. Everything but pdf's print fine.

0 Kudos