cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Manual Feed Gibberish

Product Name: Xerox B205
Operating System: macOS 10.15 Catalina

I am trying to print out some pdf pages using manual feed. I have removed all paper from paper tray to force printer look for paper in the manual feed. when it detects paper it asks: Manual feed <Confirm?>. I press OK and it prints out gibberish, squares triangles and other ASCII characters...
that happens every single time i press OK after inserting the paper. If i cancel it eats the paper and spits it out without printing anything. The original pdf document is still listed as sitting in the queue, even tho when i press OK it says its printing. I have ruined a lot of expensive label paper trying to print this skdjfnsdasjnd :(
help would be greatly appreciated as this is making me very frustrated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Manual Feed Gibberish

After further testing I have found a workaround. Which is to load paper into Manual Feed and pressing Confirm before sending a print job to the printer. This suggests a firmware bug, which doesn't account for paper feed errors while in the middle of printing job.

I have updated my drivers on Mac with the help of another post https://forum.support.xerox.com/t5/Printing/Catalina-driver-unuseable/m-p/233384/highlight/true#M218...

Is there a firmware update for my printer? and how do i update it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Manual Feed Gibberish

The only firmware available is 85.000.58.000 and the installation instructions are at that link

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos