cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

NEW GLOBAL drivers , 5.185.41 , Date : 09/02/11

Xerox released again new drivers with lots of fixes,

pls update your 5.185.32 drivers or below , driver defaults were not sticky in the previous release , so this causes problems when printing

download from : http://www.support.xerox.com/support/global-printer-driver/downloads/enus.html

Grtz

13 Replies
BSOD2600 Member

Re: NEW GLOBAL drivers , 5.185.41 , Date : 09/02/11

Is there a release history documented anywhere for the global driver versions?

0 Kudos
Technical Escalation User RuiC-Xerox
Technical Escalation User

Hello, I am not too sure there is a public full technical review of all the releases. Is there any special feature or behaviour you are looking for?
Please select Accept as Solution if you feel this post has helped you.
0 Kudos
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Hello, this document is indeed not public

0 Kudos
BSOD2600 Member

@RuiC-Xerox wrote:
Hello, I am not too sure there is a public full technical review of all the releases. Is there any special feature or behaviour you are looking for?

Why not? Other vendors (like HP) have release notes for their universal driver.  Granted, I've found out the log is not inclusive, but it at least highlights the major features/fixes.

Having the history public would help to better evaluate the need to upgrade drivers on a print server.  It

0 Kudos

BSOD2600,

I am not able to give an official/unofficial anwser why it works like this.

In my personal opinion, when I work with any kind of drivers that the main purpose is to be generic and to apply to several products or features I always try to use the latest versions. Normally, those versions bring generic fixes that apply to core functionality of the driver. But again this is just my personal opinion. 

0 Kudos
dl_opg New Member

The revision history would be useful for many reasons.

For example, we are developing software and have tested with revision 5.125.11.  What are the changes between the current version and this one?  Will the updates affect us? Are they bug fixes or new features?  Is it worth retesting to go to the new version?

The revision history will also tell us how often the drivers are updated.  If they are updated too often then maybe the software is not mature.

These are all things I came to this forum to find out.  There are many examples of companies that do provide this information for their customers.

Regards,

Don

0 Kudos
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Yeah they should be public .... thats my idea too....

Lots have been fixed as i can see in the notes...

0 Kudos
ilion New Member

Hello,

I have looked through all available documentation for the driver but could not find any instructions how to update the driver on a central print server (Windows 2008 R2) with more than 50 printers using version 5.173.11 so far. There are about 500 Windows 7x64 clients using these printers. No matter what I do on the print server the old driver will stick. The only way I was able to get the new driver to work on a test server was by removing all printers, deleting the drivers and starting from beginning. This is definitely not the right way in a big environment.

Thanks for any help

0 Kudos

Hello,

wonder if you will find the information on THIS LINK usefull.

0 Kudos