cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
myy New Member

New Phaser 6510 blacks uneven/splotchy

Operating System: Windows 10 x64

Testing out a brand new Phaser 6510 using the pre-installed toner. Printing blacks results in spotted appearance, mostly in the center of the page. Is this something I can fix/adjust or will it need to be replaced/serviced? Printing on 32lb color laser gloss paper.

image(7).jpg

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: New Phaser 6510 blacks uneven/splotchy

It isn't fusing properly, which implies the tray has not been set as what you loaded, which should be Glossy Cardstock at 120 GSM. Which makes the fuser not get hot enough to fuse the toner

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.
0 Kudos
myy New Member

Thanks. I suspected it had something to do with the paper. After changing the settings, the blacks are significantly richer on the sides, but the same problem area is still noticeably lighter with splotches albiet much less than before.

image(8).jpg

0 Kudos
Technical Escalation User DavidX28897-xrx
Technical Escalation User

Try bumping the tray settings to say the stock weight is 220 gsm. This will increase the transfer voltage

0 Kudos
myy New Member

I'm having trouble finding where to set those values. I can choose "Custom Type 1-5", but there is no apparent menu to set options for these custom profiles.

I'm not entirely knowledgeable how a laser printer works, but will doing this overcompensate the sides which appear fine? Is this normal behavior for a new unit?

0 Kudos