cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Monica_r New Member

No Accounting Features - Xerox ColorQube 9303 Global Printer Driver - WIN_10

Hello,

We have been using the Xerox ColorQube 9303 model with Accounting enabled. Recently, upon installing the newest Global Printer driver for OS Win10 (Dec. 14, 2017), there is no longer an Accounting feature available from what I can see. Unlike how it was in Win7, there is no Configuration > Accounting under printer properties, therefore I am wondering how to access this again so that we can input the password we have set for the printer. This is causing some problems as users will sporadically encounter the "invalid accounting code" error (though sometimes it works.. for some reason).

PS: As far as I can tell, none of the other new drivers show a configuration setting for accounting either

Please let me know how I should remedy this; any help appreciated!

Sincerely,

Monica

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-xrx
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: No Accounting Features - Xerox ColorQube 9303 Global Printer Driver - WIN_10

Every single v3 driver looks the same on every version of Windows.

So what is happening is you are choosing the printer from the list and MS is then going to convert the port to WSD instead of TCP/IP, then it will change the driver to a v4 driver (class driver) and you are losing all the options, because MS can't automagically install the print experience app to add the accounting options.

So delete all your 9303 printers you have installed.

Open the Windows Control panel and open Devices and Printers

Select Add Printer (Do not choose from the list, click the highlighted option)

1.JPG

Then

2.JPG

And then

3.JPG

Then, under no circumstance should the box be checked, just put in the IP of the 9303, and give it a name, then click Next

4.JPG

This screen may or may not appear, if it does, choose the following, if it doesn't, move on

5.JPG

Choose LPR and make sure the 2 boxes are not checked and type lp in the Queue name box,

6.JPG

then select OK > Next to get here where you will choose Have Disk > Browse and navigate to C:\Xerox> UNIV_5.585.13.0_PS_x64_Driver.inf > x3UNIVP.inf and then click OK

Chose the one that is not version specific and select Next

8.JPG

Choose to Replace the current driver then Next > Next

9.JPG

Do Not share this printer > Finish

It will now be installed correctly, have the option and it will have automatically set it to the correct settings using the bi-directional communication and MS will not be able to replace the Xerox driver or replace the port.

11.JPG

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.
0 Kudos