cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2 Replies
Byteman3D

Re: OS Enablement Key Not Installed Error

I appreciate the prompt response. I am a 3D designer in this company.

I was not here at the time when this unit was installed. I don't know much about the these keys and where they should be or how can it be installed. There are instructions though, which I tried to follow but guided me to a closed web page. (xes.com) and I am stuck at one point. Below is the link to the missing website that I can request my keys:

http://www.xes.com/keys/httpHome/keys.html

Right below is what I have at hand, in summary three hard paper envelopes containing 3 CD Roms.

+A light green coloured 8830 service representative machine log book.IMG_20240113_125358.jpg

During my search I could also find the link below  which seems like the closed xes web link in instructions.

https://www.xeroxlicensing.xerox.com/fik/ViewFind/FindFIK.aspx?lang=en-US

I couldn't find the requested Activation Code, tried the option to get all codes for my printer by entering the serial number. This time I've got an error in red saying we can't give the keys fro this device contact your local service blah blah. (Local Service does not help saying Xerox does not support the device)

I'll try to connect Fuji Xerox after reaching to you one more time with this message, hoping the material I supplied above might help you direct me to a simple solution.

I only need the working website for entering my redeem coupon ids I presume.

Thank you

0 Kudos
TammyL-Xerox
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: OS Enablement Key Not Installed Error

Hello Byteman3D. 

I would recommend you contact Fuji Xerox, which is a different company, for more assistance. Please find support for the machine at FujiFilm.  Enablement keys turn on different options on the printer and are purchased at the same time as the printer, if you no longer have this you may need to speak with sales to see if they are still available. 

Thanks,
TammyL-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!
Byteman3D

OS Enablement Key Not Installed Error

Product Name: Xerox 6604/6605 Wide Format
Operating System: Windows 7

Hi,

We have a couple of Xerox large size printers in our architectural facilty. One of the Xerox 6604 Wide Format model started printing the error "Os Enablement Key not installed" instead of the sent jobs.

What is this OS enablement key and where can I obtain and install this key? It is clear that some license key for printing is disabled for some reason.

The local service said there is nothing to do, because the company stopped supporting these old devices, but this is so annoying. A working device suddenly forces you to get rid of it and buy a new one. Old or not, there has to be a way to operate these devices at least in its native operating system. We do have other same model machines which still works with no issues but I am so worried whether these other devices will stop soon. 

Our workflow will be irreparably disturbed.

Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos