cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgr

Out-of-Paper NOT

Product Name: WorkCentre 6605
Operating System: Windows 10 x64

Already read for two days, the posts that come close.  No help yet.

The printer was printing just fine, then a job ran out of paper.  I removed the tray, put in about 200 sheets of 20# bond paper, replaced the tray, and immediately got a message, again, that I was out of paper.  I removed and repeated several times, but now I get a message about a paper jam.  This is NO paper jam.  I thoroughly cleaned and went through that.

Now the printer "sounds like" it's trying feed paper, but nothing happens other than the message "1. Pull out Tray 1 and remove any jammed pages.  2. Insert Tray 1 and press [Start]."  I've done all that, at least 25 times.  Same problem.  It just acts like the paper isn't being picked up by the rollers.  Could they have jammed somehow when I first ran out of paper?  Is there some place to see how the mechanisms are supposed to work to pick up the paper?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
TammyL-Xerox
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Out-of-Paper NOT

Hello dgr,

I would double check to make sure the tray attributes (type & size of paper) are set correctly in the tray.  I've also included a link that provides instuctions for cleaning the feed rollers in the tray.  

If you are still having issues after trying these steps, I suggest that you call into our support department for assistance @ 1-800-821-2797 or 1-800-835-6100.

Thanks,
TammyL-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!