cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emiliecathey New Member

Re: PCL XL Error and other weirdness

Jump to solution

I changed that feature and still having the same problem.

0 Kudos
akwashnak New Member

Jump to solution

I have had this problem with the previous verison (7665) and the current version (7775) and this is what I've found.

Change the font.

As strange as it sounds, when the user is able to change the font to just about anything other, I usually reccomend Arial or Times New Roman, the same document then prints.

I just had this situation with an HTML document, only getting 8 of the 15 pages, so when I went to print it in IE (9) I did...

1. Print Preview
  2. Page Setup
  3. Change font
  4. (changed to Arial, Regular, 10)
  5. OK
  6. OK
  7. Print

This was the only change I made to the exact same webpage that had failed. It printed fine.

This is my current work a round I tell my users.

0 Kudos
Xerox Employee Aaron DocuCare J.
Xerox Employee

Jump to solution

ReInstalling the driver will eliminate the problem.

Users endup changing the "Driver's" defualt properties, then we get these types of errors when the driver trys to format/scale the docs.

poster 1 - reinstall driver manually solved his problem

poster 2 - changeing fonts resolved his.

These are all symptoms of scaleing/ Font format/processing issues which seems to point to the driver settings, everytime in my case..

Possible embeded Font issue also

Xerox Employee DCA-ASE
Xerox Employee

Jump to solution

What else is affected when Advanced Printing Features are turned off?

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

Jump to solution

Basically this checkbox decides (but not by itself alone) whether print jobs are rendered to the printer's native page description language (e.g. PCL or PostScript) on the client (when disabled) or on the server (when enabled). See this blog post for a discussion.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos