cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

PCL6 Error-Insuffient Memory. Phaser 3635MFP

Hello there

I have the Phaser 3635MFP connected in a network for 23 users. Everyone can normally print any document, except one user, this presents problems printing documents stored in one specific folder. With documents stored in other folders he can print normally and smoothly.

When the user submits to print any document from that specific folder, the printer instead of printing the document,  prints a page with the following information:

PCL6 ERROR – Insufficient Memory

POSITION : 0x865a (34394)
SYSTEM   : eHeapBand
LINE           : 8000
VERSION : PCL6 5.98 09-23-2009

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer, I reinstalled the drivers and the problem persists. Any suggestion will be grateful.

Thanks for your time and support

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: PCL6 Error-Insuffient Memory. Phaser 3635MFP

Hey!

One weird question, if he saves the file to another folder, can he print it out then?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

____________________________________________________________________________ Hey! One weird question, if he saves the file to another folder, can he print it out then? Thanks! _____________________________________________________________________________ Hey, thanks for your answe- I did what you said, but always the same problem. I forgot to mention that "sometimes" when I send a document to print, in the printing queue window shows the document and after a few seconds the document information disappears, indicating that the document was sent to print. But printed document never comes out! even NO alrma in the printer display. Thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Hey!

But other documents work?

if so, try copy-pasting into a new document, change the font to arial and print it out without saving.

Does that work?

What program is used?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Ok, this is what I did:

- Opened a document saved in mydocuments folder, sent to print and printed perfect, with no problem. Left the the document open.

- Open a document from the folder where I get the PCL6 error and copy the first page.

- Pasted the page in the working document, sent to print only that page and I got the same PCL6 error. Chenged the font type to Arial, Book antigua and Sans ms with the same error the 3 times.

I think the problem is in the format. All documents stored in that folder have the same format, is a kind of form. But the problem is only in that PC. When the user send that document to another user in the same network (via email) to print in the same prienter, the other user can print it with no problem.

They are using Micrsoft Word. The documente is in Word.

Thanks for yor time

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Hey!

Ah, Office 2010?

Try converting to PDF and print it out that way.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Kimzi.

I have converted the . doc document to .pdf and the printer works perfect. But that procedure does not fix the orginal problen and adds another one, the user have a large amount of .doc files that use frecuently and convert all of them is a lot of work. Do you have another idea?

Thanks/

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Hey!

You can always try changing the port from LPD to RAW or reverse and see if that helps.

Though it has to do with word, usually the font but because you actually changed the font on everything right?

You could also try writing a new document, changing the font to Calibri and see if the same fault occurs.

Thanks!

0 Kudos