cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

PLEASE HELP Phaser 6280 error TRAY 2 MISSING

I am unable to even print a test page because the printer believes that Tray 2 is Missing. The tray is in and has paper. I cant find the switch that tells the printer the Tray is installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: PLEASE HELP Phaser 6280 error TRAY 2 MISSING

Hi!

I would suggest removing the tray (checking for any paperjam in both tray 1 and 2) and restarting the machine while the tray is outside of the machine, putting the tray back in after the printer has restarted.

Also check if the tray looks to be working properly, if there is any damaged parts.

Best Regards

Kimzi

--------------------------------------------
Please remember to select "Accept as Solution" for posts that helped you solve the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: PLEASE HELP Phaser 6280 error TRAY 2 MISSING

Hi tamohr,
Thank you for using the Xerox forum.

If Kimzi's assistance doesn't help, then I would suggest that you review the following Phaser 6280 product support site for a solution.
I searched that site  with "Tray 2 Missing" and found a few articles that may help.

If that does not resolve your issue you may consider contacting our specific product support experts at the following link:
Fast Track to the Expert

Mitch Swetsky
Xerox Customer Tools & Social Media Moderator
CM_Cert_Logo_Color.png

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues.
Your feedback counts!
0 Kudos