cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GreenEnvy

PRoblem with global driver 5.185.41 and Citrix

Product Name: Other - specify product in post

Hello,

We have a Citrix farm setup with all servers running Windows Server 2008 R2 (so 64 bit).

One of our offices has a Xerox WorkCentre Pro 265. I am using the global print driver with it.

On the print server, the printer is setup with bidirectional communication and I can see all the options I should.

However if users map the printer from in Citrix, they get very basic settings. No ability to change the trays, just automatic. They also don't see most of the tabs.

If I goto print properties while logged in as them, it does have the correct model picked on the options page. Under bi-directional I have tried both Auto and Manual with the IP put in.

The weird thing is, if I map that same printer on any client machine (not inside citrix), the options all show up fine. It doesn't look like a permissions issue, if I login to Citrix as a domain admin I still don't get all the options. If I login as a domain admin to one of the citrix servers via remote desktop, I do see all the options.

Anyone know what is going on?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Fabio
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: PRoblem with global driver 5.185.41 and Citrix

Xerox will release this week 5.185.42 driver (obtained by making a call) , this driver fixes citrix issues, maybe this will fix your issue too ?

0 Kudos
Fabio
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: PRoblem with global driver 5.185.41 and Citrix

the new 5.185.42 is out , you can obtain it from the callcenter

It fixes issues regarding profiles...

can you test it out and can you give us feedback?

0 Kudos