cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MAN New Member

Page orientation mismatch Corel Draw 12

I have a customer who just purchased a wc7535 which replaced a wc2636.  They use Corel Draw 12 and when they print a legal document they designed they get a message that their is a page orientation mismatch and their image is getting cut off.  Is there a fix for this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xerox Analyst RuiKZ6N6K-xrx
Xerox Analyst

Re: Page orientation mismatch Corel Draw 12

Hi, Don't see this problem since long time ago, but yes, was a very common problem in Corel. I red many things about it and what I have learned is that it is a Corel problem. There is a difference between the logic page area and the page size. Both need to be similar. In case of Corel, for some reason, they are not. This problem was so serious that some RIP manufactures had to launch a patch to workaround this Corel's problem. I'm assuming that you have a PC with Windwos. As far I remember, to correct it, you can not use the printer driver. You need to use the Corel's postscript engine. For that you just need to select an option on the print window. But first you need to get the PPD for that printer. Get it from here: http://www.support.xerox.com/support/workcentre-7545-7556/file-download/enus.html?operatingSystem=wi... Then save it anywhere on your drive. When you print, on the print window, select "Use PPD" then browse the saved file. Configure paper size, etc and see if the preview is OK. I hope it helps Regards Rui
Be sure to give out Kudos and select "Accept as Solution"
0 Kudos
MAN New Member

Thank you Rui.  I did a little research on Corel's website and saw that they mentioned using PPD.  I did download the PPD file from Xerox but wasn't sure how to use it.  When I went to print a document the PPD check box was greyed out.  Am I missing a step after I downloaded it?

0 Kudos
Xerox Analyst RuiKZ6N6K-xrx
Xerox Analyst

If it is greyed is because the selected printer is a PCL one. Please chose a postscript printer installed on your PC, or install the postscript driver of your printer. Regards Rui
Be sure to give out Kudos and select "Accept as Solution"
0 Kudos