cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Paper weight substitution (workcentre 6515)

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a problem that as far as I can tell no printer at all addressess: I don't want the user to have to care about paper weight.

There are two reasons for setting the paper weight for any given tray:

1.: Proper printing. Depending on the paper the fixation time or temperature needs to be adjusted.

2.: Allowing the user to choose a specific paper without having to pick a specific tray.

In our usecase there is A4 normal paper in tray3 and A6 heavy paper in tray 2. Now if a user sends a print job for A6 paper the job will be sent as A6 normal and the printer asks for that paper. What I want to happen instead is for the printer to just use the heavy paper.

Similarily we have jobs that are A4 on special stock. I want to be able to tell the printer about having put heavy paper into tray 1 without it still using tray3.

The current workaround I'm using is to specify the tray 2 paper as "normal" which works okay. Except it is running normal paper too hot and I can't reduce the temperature without the heavy stock smearing. Also it just barely works. Our slightly heavier stock can not be printed on with the normal paper setting without increasing the "normal" temperature even further.

Of course I'd like to be able to configure arbitrary weight substitutions but at the very least a way to tell the printer to ignore the paper weight in a fashion similar to the a4/letter substitution would be very, very much appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Paper weight substitution (workcentre 6515)

Jump to solution

You will have to call Xerox and ask to have a FER completed (Feature Enhancement Request)

It would really help your case if you could find a model of printer from a competing brand that already has the feature before you do so (Helps prove market demand exists).

A FER does not mean they will do what you ask, it is just a process that shows somebody wants a thing, there is no guarantee of any sort.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau