cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wickedlarry New Member

Phaser 3250 "Printer offline"

The networked Phaser 3250 I use at my office suddenly stopped working correctly

The Phaser 3250 dialog box under Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Devices and Printers says Printer:Offline, so I
assume thats why. I'm unable to bring it back online.

Then for reasons unknown, after sitting in the print queue many hours - or overnight - suddenly the docs resume printing.

I can print a Configuration page, but it also stays in the queue for hours.

In "See what's printing" / Phaser 3250 dialog box / Printer menu - default "Use printer online" is active

Troubleshooting efforts included
- choose Restart from Phaser 3250 dialog box.
- turned power switch off and on
- unplugged, replugged power cord
- disconnected, reconnected ethernet cable
- downloaded from xerox.com the Phaser 3250 Firmware Update - Network Upgrade (P3250_v1.70.02.48_Network), but
Windows Pro 7 can't open the file inside it: bP3250_1700248.fls

It's a networked printer and I believe I'm accessing it via ethernet cable as well as my internet, which works fine. We also have wifi.

Nothing has changed in hardware or software setup and the printer is in an unused office so unlikely that it was jostled or
bumped.

I can print to other network printers, even the other Phaser 3250 in our main bldg across the parking lot.

I can't print to it with Mac or PC.

What gives. Suggestions?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: Phaser 3250 "Printer offline"

You have a conflict of some sort in SNMP, just disable it on the port and you should be able to print fine.

Capture.GIF

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos
wickedlarry New Member

Ok thanks Joe. I disabled SNMP, tried a test

Now getting a Status: Error     with no description of what, why, where....

error-status_xerox-phaser.jpg

0 Kudos
wickedlarry New Member

... also tried to return SNMP status to Enabled again. Now I can't...

error_cant_reset_SNMP.jpg

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator

Have you verified there is not a duplicate IP anywhere?

Just do a continuous ping of the printer IP then pull the plug.

The error you get turning on SNMP implies a job is still in queue so no port change can be made.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos
wickedlarry New Member

@Joe053204-hcl wrote:

Have you verified there is not a duplicate IP anywhere?

Just do a continuous ping of the printer IP then pull the plug.

I don't know how to do either of these things. Can you offer the steps pls?  Thanks

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator

Start menu > Run

type cmd and hit enter.

in the Command prompt that opens, type ping 192.168.69.241 -t and hit the enter key

While the machine is plugged into the network it should start responding to the ping command, but when you unplug the network cable it should stop responding, my guess is that it won't stop because there is another device with the same IP address, which could be anything from a PC, Printer or even a cell phone on the wifi.

Joe
0 Kudos
wickedlarry New Member

Ok I dont think "Destination host unreachable"  is the result you were anticipating:

error-phaser-command.jpg

but where does that IP come from?

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator

I guess we know why you can't print then, the printer really is offline.

Check that the network cable is plugged in and the lights come on indicating connectivity.

If it does, print a configuration report and verify that the IP address is correct. (hold the Start/Stop button for 8 seconds)

If the IP address has changed, reinstall the print driver to the right IP address, or change the IP address on the printer with the SetIP utility via your PC ala your PC Start > All Programs > Xerox Phaser 3250 > SetIP > SetIP > Setup

Joe
0 Kudos
wickedlarry New Member

Thanks for trying to help.

The cables are plugged in & its connected with lights on. I can print a config report by pushing the button 8 seconds.

If it does, print a configuration report and verify that the IP address is correct. 

Sorry, what is the correct IP address? The config report - under Network -  card lists 192.168.69.241.  Is that correct... or are you saying I need to change that to a correct one?

The printer queue went through over the weekend at some point. After things print, the status in the print dialog box changes to "Online". Then when I print another doc, it goes to the queue, which stops, and the status changes to "Error-Printing" every time. Hours later, for no apparent reason, the queue processes again.

reinstall the print driver to the right IP address

Not sure what is the right IP address. Could you offer steps how to reinstall a print driver to the right IP address?

.... change the IP address on the printer with the SetIP utility via your PC ala your PC Start > All Programs > Xerox Phaser 3250 > SetIP > SetIP > Setup 

There's no Xerox Phaser 3250 under All Programs. The only access I see is through Control Panel/Hardware and Sound / Devices and Printers

thanks

0 Kudos