There are a number of things that can cause the solid red light and unresponsiveness with this printer. Some things to check, from the owner's guide:
• The cover is open. Close the cover.
• There is no paper in the tray. Load paper in the tray.
• The printer has stopped printing due to a major error.
• The print cartridge is not installed. Install the print cartridge.
• Your system has some problems. If this problem persists, contact your service representative.
• The toner is totally exhausted. Remove the old print cartridge and install a new one. See page 8.3.
If none of these work, you may want to contact your local Xerox service rep.