I have a Phaser 3250 that has a solid red light and will not do anything. From what I read this means that the toner is out and replacing with a new toner with a crum chip built in is supposed to clear the out of toner error, but after trying 2 new toner cartidges the red light still shows.
There are a number of things that can cause the solid red light and unresponsiveness with this printer. Some things to check, from the owner's guide:
• The cover is open. Close the cover.
• There is no paper in the tray. Load paper in the tray.
• The printer has stopped printing due to a major error.
• The print cartridge is not installed. Install the print cartridge.
• Your system has some problems. If this problem persists, contact your service representative.
• The toner is totally exhausted. Remove the old print cartridge and install a new one. See page 8.3.
If none of these work, you may want to contact your local Xerox service rep.