cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
neilsh New Member

Phaser 3250DN drops off network after printing one or two pages

I have a Phaser 3250DN printer that has started dropping off the network after switched on and printing one or two pages.  If I power cycle the printer, it comes back online, but then drops off the network again almost immediately so I can't print any more pages.  The printer fails to respond to pings while in this state.  The printer is 4 years old but has had >extremely< light usage.  We've printed about one thousand pages total and is only turned on when we want to print something so most of the time it's physically powered off.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Account Deactivated

Re: Phaser 3250DN drops off network after printing one or two pages

Network drop-offs can occur for a variety of reasons and be triggered by a variety of causes. You may want to make sure you are using the latest software release on the product, as well as check the network firewall configuration settings. In addition, sometimes disabling unused networking protocols can reduce traffic the device is exposed to and ease the burden if traffic volume is what is shutting down the NIC. Another thing to consider would be the network topography itself; make sure the device is on a subnet exposed to minimal broadcast/multicast traffic. Finally, you can verify the device itself is physically functional by testing it with a laptop and crossover cable. If the drop-off behavior occurs while connected directly to another single computer, it may be indicative of an issue with the main board or hard drive. You may also find additional support articles at the following link: Phaser 3250 KB - http://www.support.xerox.com/support/phaser-3250/support/enus.html I hope this helps. Have a great day.
Please select "Accept Solution" and / or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!
Thanks,
SandyP-Xerox
0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: Phaser 3250DN drops off network after printing one or two pages

Hi neilsh

Add to SandyP's post with :

Switch network cables just to eliminate the most simple thing.

Check the web interface of the device right after booting it up if you can get in fast enough and try dropping the network speed of the NIC to the lowest possible setting. Typically on Phaser products this is found under Properties > General > Interfaces.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos