cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Phaser 3600 won't print multiple copies

I'm using Windows 7, and my Phaser never has printed muliple copies of a document from MS products (Word, Excel).   I've had the printer for about 6 months.   If I select 3 copies (example), it prints one, then the LCD shows "Printing....", and just sits there.      It prints multiple copies normally in other programs (e.g., Adobe Acrobat). 

I've looked through FAQ's and Google, and don't see other having this problem.    I presume it is a Microsoft thing, but it is driving me nuts.  

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Phaser 3600 won't print multiple copies

Hello,

We are having a similar problem with our printer in the office. It will not print multiple copies from our 8860 MFP. It will not print copies from Microsoft products or Acrobat Pro 8. I was told that this is only when the pages are duplexed but I cannot confirm. The printer will actually display that is printing the 3rd page but then just stops. I am not sure what to look for next. Any help for us?

Hello,

0 Kudos

We're having the exact same issue. If the printer is power cycled, multiple copies works. After a while, stops working. We have Xerox update the firmware, one that said to resolve the problem, however, power cycling to regain multiple copies is a sign of a hardware issue. You may have faulty hardware or it is a bad design (overheating?). We're trying to get a replacement.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

We had the same issue as well. After trying a bunch of drivers and settings, I found a solution:

Install the printer using the PCL5 Driver and uncheck Collate. Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

We have 2 Phaser 3600 printers with the latest firmware. Printing multiple copies from both Windows 7 and Windows 8 results in the first copy printing fine, then the printer hangs with the message "Printing ..." in the LCD. Pressing the Cancel button will cancel the job and proceed to print the next job.

The Windows 7 machines have the latest PCL driver from the support site and the Windows 8 machines have the unified driver installed.

0 Kudos