cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tkday88 New Member

Phaser 4510 prints out garbage when first turned on

Hi All,

I have a Phaser 4510n that when turned on prints out garbage. After you cancel that it works as normal. It's not set to print ou set up page or whever when first turned on. If I leave the network cable unplugged it won't print. So I created a new printer on the server, with a different IP address and changed the drivers and updated them. I tried PS and PCL from the Xerox site. I then decided to update firmware and turn off bi-direcitonal but it's still doing the same thing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kimzi Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Phaser 4510 prints out garbage when first turned on

Hi you!

How many clients are connected to this printer?

If you connect one pc directly to the printer, not connecting the printer to any office/home network at all, does it still occur?

To me it sounds like a corrupt job stuck on one of the pc's.

Best Regards

Kimzi

--------------------------------------------
Please remember to select "Accept as Solution" for posts that helped you solve the issue.

0 Kudos
tkday88 New Member

Yeah I thought that might be the case so I created a new printer with a different IP address and it still does the same thing. I am the only one connected to it at the moment.
0 Kudos
Kimzi Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Hi again!

You changed the IP-address on the printer, and set it up with just one computer?

Did you set it up as a shared printer or something like that? what OS do you use?

Best Regards

Kimzi

Please remember to select "Accept as Solution" for posts that helped you solve the issue.

0 Kudos
tkday88 New Member

Hi,

Thanks for responding. I am still having this issue but was too busy to come back to it. Yes, I gave the printer a new IP address and the OS should be irrelevant as I had not installed it anywhere at the time.. But once I did install it, it was on a Windows Server 2008 R2.
0 Kudos
Kimzi Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Hi again!

If you connect the printer "Directly" to one client instead of going through the server, does it still occur?

I still believe something's corrupt actually.

Could be that someone else on the forums have encountered this?

Best Regards

Kimzi

0 Kudos