cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Phaser 6130

I just bought a new laptop with Windows 7 installed. Plugged it into USB cord for Xerox and it automatically detected and installed lastest driver from Xerox website. I can not print anything from the internet or from Office 2010. The only thing it will print is the Windows printer test page and Notepad info. I have tried deleting the printer and reinstalling the driver at least a dozen times.   I know it's not the laptop or Windows 7 because I had no problem connecting it to my HP all-in-one printer; even got it to print wirelessly for the first time since I've owned that printer.  Can someone tell me how to get my Xerox to work with Windows7? Never had any problems with my Xerox Phaser 6130  printer while using WIndows XP ... thanks

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Phaser 6130

I wish I had an answer for you but I am having the exact same problem, although I cannot even print a test page. This printer is supposed to be compatible with Windows 7, however I question this since I've searched the web over and over for some clear answers. Anyone? Thanks in advance-

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xerox Analyst
Xerox Analyst

Hi,

You may want to try this.

Regards

Rui

Be sure to give out Kudos and select "Accept as Solution"
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

I cannot access the page Rui put up, but I would suggest not using the auto installation, download the installer from the xerox homepage instead.

Hope that helps.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xerox Analyst
Xerox Analyst

Hi,

The link should work, but today the support web page is down.

Regards

Rui

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Heya!

Oke, then I understand why.

Though it seems to still be down.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xerox Analyst
Xerox Analyst

You are right Kimzi, it seems now stopped working. Lets try this one

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Rui,

The new link worked better :)

I just gotta ask, isnt it better to actually select the known usb port than using LPT1?

You can check the usb port in the Device Manager.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xerox Analyst
Xerox Analyst

Hi Kimzi,

Yes, it is better. In fact this printer has no LPT, it only has USB and network. I think you are referring to the step 6 of the link. I think this step  refers to LPT just as a workaround and may be corrected in the future steps.. My opinion is if after the USB plugged and the windows doesn't detect it then we have a bigger problem :)

Regards

Rui

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I'm having the same problems with all my windows 7 machines and your links does't work.. I use the ethernet to connect to the printer..

I have loaded/reload both avaiable drivers, tried the sys32 which also failed.. tried to clear the spool folder, change the mapping, install a local printer> tcp/ip  and a network still trouble printing from internet and office 10.. I can print a notepad and test page all day.. Please help.. Thanks

0 Kudos