cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Phaser 6180 Ink Level Status?

I love the print quality, but am still having a bit of trouble locating Ink Level Status, either on the printer display or within my computer. I have another brand's all in one for every day use, and everytime I print a page it shows me current ink levels. The 6180 may not have that feature, but would really appreciate any assitance in finding it. Thank you!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Xerox Employee
Xerox Employee

Re: Phaser 6180 Ink Level Status?

Hello mahdlokg,

How to check the Print Cartridge levels using CWIS:

NOTE: If necessary, print a Configuration Report to obtain the IP address of the printer.

1. Open an Internet browser window.
  2. Enter the IP address of the printer in the Address field, and then press [Enter] on the keyboard. The CentreWare Internet Services window will be displayed.
  3. Click on the [Status] button. The Status window will be displayed.
  4. Click on the [Supplies] link. The cartridge levels will be displayed in the Toner Cartridges section.
  5. When finished, close the browser window.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I thank you for the reply. Currently, I haven't got it hooked up to a network, but I'm guessing all I have to do is connect it via ethernet and the auto setup will pull an ip address?

Also, one more question, please. I usually power off the unit at the end of the day. Is there any way to turn off automatic printing of a Configuration Report every time the unit is powered back on? Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xerox Employee
Xerox Employee

You're welcome.

Follow this link to the Phaser 6180 Knowledge Base and then type in "disable startup page" in the search field. Click on the first result of the search and you will see step-by-step instructions for turning off the Configuration Report.

As far as the networking goes, if you have DHCP enabled on your network, then yes, plugging in a ethernet cable should automatically pull an IP address.  If you do not have DHCP enabled, then you'll have to set it up yourself.  If you need help with that, just type in "setup on network" in the Knowledge Base and click on the first result. This will show you step-by-step instructions for setting up your printer on a network.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks again! I really appreciate the great support service!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xerox Employee
Xerox Employee

You're very welcome!  Glad to help :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I see the level markings on the display of the unit from left to right. The display is showing that the second from left is about half as full as the other three, but this does not corespond with the toner cartridges in the machine from either top to bottom or bottom to top as i just replaced black & cyan very recently. Can you help, please?

0 Kudos