cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kristin

Phaser 6280DN - Set printer to B&W by default?

Hello.

Just picked up a Phaser 6280DN for our studio. Completely Mac-based (35+ machines). Is there a way to set it up, on the printer itself, to default to B&W printing so it doesn't use the colour consumables (without having to manually set this on each computer)?

Thanks,

Kristin.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Phaser 6280DN - Set printer to B&W by default?

Hi Kristin,

Thank you for using the Support Forum.  To default to black and white you can change the default color at the machine by pressing menu and navigating to the Admin Menu.  Select the PCL Setup then scroll to default color change to black and white.  Then navigate to the PostScript setup and again scroll to default color and select black and white.  Confirm the changes by using OK.  I hope this helps.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
Kristin

Thanks for the reply.

I have both of these settings, on the printer, set to B&W, but when printing, unless the user chooses B&W on their computer, it prints in colour still?

0 Kudos
JordanAXAUQE-AA
Agency Analyst
Agency Analyst

You will need to go under the Control Panel and then go to the Printers and Faxes. Right click on the printer and go to the printer properties. Go to the advanced tab and select the Printing defaults and you will see where you can then default all prints to be back and white instead of color. If you have any questions let me known
Thank you,
Jordan R.
Systems Analyst / Consultant
Fiery Certified Professional

If someone helped you make sure you give Kudos for their efforts! Don't forget to Select Accept as Solution if the reply resolved your issue as it will be able to help others!
0 Kudos
Kristin

Yea, as stated in my OP, looking for a way to do this on the printer, not on the computer (I'd rather not have to manually set every machine by hand to print B&W). Our other printers have the ability to do this on-device.

0 Kudos