cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sean1972 New Member

Phaser 6350 - Fuser Problem?

We have a Xerox Phaser 6350 and I was printing some copies today, when I looked over and it stopped printing magenta. So, I replaced the toner cartridge and opened the printer to make sure that everything was clean.

When I closed the printer, the red light stayed on and read: "Install or Reseat Fuser - Press?"

So, I went in and took the fuser out, looked over it and put it back in, but when I closed the printer, the red light stayed on. I spent 30 minutes trying to figure it out, but I cannot get anything to change. Does this basically mean that we need a new fuser? It's been printing fine, until the toner ran out.

I just find it hard to believe that the toner ran out and the fuser's life ran out at the same time.

Any Ideas?

Thanx,

Sean

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xerox Employee JohnM-Xerox
Xerox Employee

Re: Phaser 6350 - Fuser Problem?

Hello Sean1972,

By any chance, when you removed the fuser and put it back in, was the machine still on?

If so, that triggered a Fuser Failure Error which would explain why the red light stayed on.  Your fuser is not necessarily dead yet and there is a procedure that you can follow to resolve the Fuser Failure Error.

First: Turn the machine off by hitting the power switch on the right side of the machine (near tray 2).  Please be careful - the fuser may be HOT!  Remove and re-install the fuser and make sure it gets locked into position.  Turn the power back on.  This should resolve the Fuser Failure Error if that is what happened.

John