Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1 Reply
JohnM-Xerox
Xerox Employee
Xerox Employee

Re: Phaser 6350 - Fuser Problem?

Hello Sean1972,

By any chance, when you removed the fuser and put it back in, was the machine still on?

If so, that triggered a Fuser Failure Error which would explain why the red light stayed on.  Your fuser is not necessarily dead yet and there is a procedure that you can follow to resolve the Fuser Failure Error.

First: Turn the machine off by hitting the power switch on the right side of the machine (near tray 2).  Please be careful - the fuser may be HOT!  Remove and re-install the fuser and make sure it gets locked into position.  Turn the power back on.  This should resolve the Fuser Failure Error if that is what happened.

John

Sean1972

Phaser 6350 - Fuser Problem?

Product Name: Other - specify product in post

We have a Xerox Phaser 6350 and I was printing some copies today, when I looked over and it stopped printing magenta. So, I replaced the toner cartridge and opened the printer to make sure that everything was clean.

When I closed the printer, the red light stayed on and read: "Install or Reseat Fuser - Press?"

So, I went in and took the fuser out, looked over it and put it back in, but when I closed the printer, the red light stayed on. I spent 30 minutes trying to figure it out, but I cannot get anything to change. Does this basically mean that we need a new fuser? It's been printing fine, until the toner ran out.

I just find it hard to believe that the toner ran out and the fuser's life ran out at the same time.

Any Ideas?

Thanx,

Sean

0 Kudos