cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Phaser 6360 printing very light black

I have a Phaser 6360 that is printing black color very lightly (e.g. almost light gray).  I've tried a new black cartridage and have taken the imaging, transfer and fuser units from another Phaser but still can't get it to print black darkly.  Is there any other troubleshooting that I can be doing?

5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Phaser 6360 printing very light black

I started having the exact same problem this morning and replaced the toner and imaging unit.  I'm surprised the Xerox techs haven't replied to this in over two months!

Highlighted
Xerox Employee
Xerox Employee

Hi gmbfisher and Joanne 1954,

Welcome to the Customer Support Community. In response to your comment… “I'm surprised the Xerox techs haven't replied to this in over two months!”. The goal of the Xerox Customer Support Community is to be a peer-to-peer forum for Xerox customers to discuss their products amongst themselves. If you are looking for an immediate response we offer the Online Assistant Knowledgebase for our products (Phaser 6360 http://www.support.xerox.com/support/phaser-6360/support/enus.html ), and/or you can contact the Customer Support Centers (http://www.support.xerox.com/support/phaser-6360/support-options/enus.html).

Thanks,
AliceL-Xerox
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Technical Escalation User
Technical Escalation User

Hello,

Could you please print any internal page from the device and let us know if the output is dark enough according to your expectations?

Please select Accept as Solution if you feel this post has helped you.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I am having this same problem.  I have printed the troubleshooting pages and the black on there is also very light.  I have tried printing from different computers and they all have the same issue.  Only black is affected.  It started right after I replaced the black toner (part number 106R01221).

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I changed both the imaging unit and the toner and the problem still exists.

0 Kudos