Please try this link to the article Nevik created for a possible fix to the problem you are seeing. If the link I provided does not work cut and paste the full address to your browser. http://www.fortwayneprinterrepair.com/wordpress/2014/03/17/xerox-phaser-6500-workcentre-6505-light-p...
Hi folks. I also recently suffered from the problem of one cartridge printing faint. In my case it was the cyan cartrdge that was printing faint, which resulted in very poor blues (and possibly greens, but I'm red-green colour blind so wouldn't know).
My Xerox Phaser 6500 was long out of support and I was using third-party cartridges.
The solution which worked for me:
* I replaced the cyan (faint) cartridge with a new one
* Documents continued to have poor cyan
* I created a document with a large cyan square on it - filled almost the whole width of the paper
* I printed out 20 copies of this document
* Each successive page got more and more cyan, until by the 20th page the cyan was correct
* I printed out other test documents
* Cyan and blues had returned to normal
I think this is caused by a dodgy 3rd-party cartridge. You then have a printer whose innards are full of toner that doesn't work. The solution works by flushing out the old dodgy toner.
This solution was originally suggested over on TechSupportForum dot com by NorthernMum.
How did ytou get it to print black again.
Can you be more specific please?
I have 2 Phaser 6250's and 1 is now doing this gray thing.
@nivek thank you for the link! those simple 4 steps have brought back normal black level print jobs again. works on a Phaser 6130N too :smileyhappy:
This totally solved a problem I've had on two different Phaser 6500 printers. In addition to solving the problem it was much faster and easier than dealing with a support call to Xerox. Thanks for sharing this!