cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Phaser 6500 Black print faded (faint, gray)

Jump to solution

Thank you. I should have mentioned that I did those steps yesterday, but it did not help. Does anyone have any other ideas? It seems to be a software issue, as the faintness is universal across the entire page, very even and seemingly "intentional." (I can try to print a black rectangle that covers the entire width of the page, and it prints out as uniformly (exactly the same faint shade of gray) across the whole page. All the test prints generated by the printer also show complete uniformity of light, faint gray across any place on the page.)

Sincerely,
Doug Joseph
0 Kudos
CherylO-Xerox
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Phaser 6500 Black print faded (faint, gray)

Jump to solution

Hi Doug,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. Please make sure that you have cleaned the imaging unit and laser lens using the solution in the online support.  If this does not help please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

Phaser 6500 Black print faded (faint, gray)

Jump to solution
Product Name: Other - specify product in post

Several weeks ago our fairly new Phaser 6500 (around 4000 prints) started printing any pure black text as a faint gray (barely there). It happens on internal test pages generated by the printer too. I've changed to a new black cartridge, not helping. I have gone into Maintenance Mode and tried all I could try (Adjust Color Regi, Clear Developer, Toner Refresh (K), IU Refresh). Nothing has helped.

I notice a lot of similar complaints exist for other models beside the 6500, but the menu tips and options in those threads don't seem to apply to this model. Anyone else with this model having the same issue? Any luck with getting it fixed? If so, what did you do? Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Doug Joseph
0 Kudos