cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Phaser 6500 stopped double sided printing

I installed a new Phaser 6500. When I first installed it, it was printing double-sided, but now it always prints single sided.

Is there some configuration option I have accidentally triggered?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
35 Replies
Highlighted
Analyst Nation Moderator
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: Phaser 6500 stopped double sided printing

Yes there is, but since you didn't bother mentioning what driver, what operating system, what program(s) and what changes have been made I can't help.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Sorry about that.

I'm using Windows 10 Version 1607 build 14393.693

I'm getting the problem with any software I use to print, including:

Wordpad

Word 2002 version 10.2627.2625

Adobe Acrobat 2015 version 023.2.0056

When I first installed the printer (about a week ago) it printed double sided for a couple of days, then it started printing single side only and has been that way ever since.

Other than that, the printer is working fine.

MP

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Sorry, I forgot to give the Xerox Driver version. It's:

Phase 6500 Windows 10 64-bit  PCL6 V3  2.6.21.0 Sep 2 2016

MP

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Analyst Nation Moderator
Analyst Nation Moderator

Are you sure that is still the one installed though?

Because if you install a printer in Windows 10 and choose it from the list of printers it displays in step one, no matter what driver you choose, it will convert it to a V4 (Class driver) on the next reboot, but the Class driver needs the Xerox Print Experience app, which MS doesn't provide with their driver, so you get exactly what happened to you.

So you have to reinstall, and this time choose The printer I want wasn't listed and then do the manual install identical to how you did it in Windows XP-Windows 7

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Sorry for not understanding, but can you give more detailed step-by-step instructions (or point me to somewhere I can read up on this).

I tried but I just ended up with the same problem.

Do I need to remove the printer first (using Device Manager)? Then, what steps do I follow to manually install the driver?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Analyst Nation Moderator
Analyst Nation Moderator

Right-click the printer in Devices and Printers and remove it.

Then reinstall but choose  The printer I want wasn't listed

1.gif

Then pick this option or they will just redo your port on next reboot or Windows update that updates it's class drivers

2.gif

When done this way there is no chance MS will change it, and you can see 2-Sided Print is available in the Printing window (Left) because it is a feature (Duplex Unit) of the driver in the Device Settings tab (Right picture)

Capture6500.GIF

Joe
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi,

I'm still not there unfortunately.

1) I get a choice of port on which to add the printer. The printer is connected on by USB, and there is a printer/scanner already connected on another USB port. What should I select?

2) I get a choice of drivers:

6500 series class driver

6500 DN PCL6 2.6.13.1

6500 DN PCL6 2.6.21.0

6500 N PCL6 2.6.13.1

6500 N PCL6 2.6.21.0

which should I select?

Thanks

MP

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Joe,

One more thing. Would it be a good idea to do a system restore. I have a restore point at 2/15/17. Would that get rid of anything I might have left on the system from my previous failed attempts?

MP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Analyst Nation Moderator
Analyst Nation Moderator

You can try a system restore, failing that though, you should install with a PS driver, and absolutely do not use the Class driver, that is the cause of your problem in my mind.

Joe
0 Kudos