cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Phaser 6500 stopped double sided printing

Hi Joe:

I did a system restore to a point a couple of days ago. This still prints single-side only.

I'd like to change to the PS driver, but I'm still not sure how to do it.

1) I don't know which port to select: I get a choice of port on which to add the printer. The printer is connected on USB, and there is a printer/scanner already connected on another USB port. There are 6 USB ports listed. Which should I select?

2) I'm not sure which driver to select. I get a choice of drivers:

6500 series class driver

6500 DN PCL6 2.6.13.1

6500 DN PCL6 2.6.21.0

6500 N PCL6 2.6.13.1

6500 N PCL6 2.6.21.0

I'm guessing I should select 6500 N PCL6 2.6.21.0.  Is this correct?

Sorry to keep bugging you.

Mike Parry

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Unplug the USB cable and on the Windows PC go to Control Panel > Devices and Printers

1. Select literally any printer that is not the 6500, doesn't matter what one

2. At the top of the Window choose the newly available option for Print Server properties

3. In the new window select Drivers

1.GIF

Select each and every 6500 driver one at a time and select Remove , choose Remove driver and package > OK

Then on the PC go to C:\Xerox and delete all files and folders.

Then download and run this driver and plug it back in

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Joe,

Getting closer but not there yet!

I get a message "following package cannot be  deteted   ....... in use"

I uplugged the printer but I notice that in the  list of printer ports there is an item "USB001 virtual port for xerox".

Should I delete this? Is this the problem?

Mike Parry

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

That would mean there is a job in queue, or the printer is still installed, so cancel all pending/stuck print jobs on the PC and make certain you deleted the printer. There is no need of deleting the port.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos
Highlighted

There are no jobs in the print queue. I still can't delete the printer and I get the following message:

The following package(s) can not be deleted:

prnxxcl3.inf (x64)
This package contains the following driver(s) that are in use:
Xerox 4110/4590/4595 C/P Class Driver; This driver is used on:
   Xerox 4110/4590/4595 C/P Class Driver

The following driver(s) can not be deleted:

Driver Xerox 4110/4590/4595 C/P Class Driver (x64) is in use. It is used on:

Any ideas? I could try doing a system restore from an earlier time. I think I still have at least one from the time before I installed the Xerox.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Joe:

Some more info:

There are two Xerox devices showing:

Xerox Phaser 6560N PCL 6

Neither can be  deleted.

Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted

PS

When I do the delete, I'm given a choice of "delete printer only" or "delete package".

I'm choosing "delete package".

Does this make a difference?

Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Joe:

Here's the latest

I did a system restore to the earliest point I could, which, ironically, was the day after I installed the Xerox, so I don't have a restore point from before installing

With this, I managed to delete one of the printers, so I now only have the one printer i.e.

Xerox 4110/4590/4595 C/P Class Driver.

This one won't allow me to delete it - says it is in use - but the print queue is empty. Is there any other process which could be "using" the printer?

Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Since you are dealing with a desktop printer and Windows is listing a Light production monochrome printer that does 110 pages per minute it should not matter at all in the end, so just move on with reinstalling with the linked Xerox driver for the phaser.

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Joe,

When I try to add the new driver, I'm given the choice of either selecting from a list of drivers, or getting the new driver from a CD. If I choose "CD", then try to select the driver you sent me, which I've stored in a local directory on my PC, then I'm told there is no driver present. The driver I have stored is an EXE file, and the installation software seems to be looking for an INF file.

How do I get it to install the new driver?

Mike P

0 Kudos