cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scotsman101 Member

Re: Phaser 6500 stopped double sided printing

PS - my unit is not duplex but I think you might have sent me a duplex driver. Could that be a problem?

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

I am absolutely done with this thread.

Duplex is literally the option that turns the paper over, if you don't have a duplex unit it is absolutely impossible to print 2 sided .

I cannot help you. Maybe someone else will, but I am done.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
scotsman101 Member

but it is a duplex unit - when I first installed  it, it was printing two-sided. What could have happened to change this?

I'm sorry for your frustration, but I'm frustrated too. What could have happened to disable the duplex mode?

0 Kudos
scotsman101 Member

There are two models of this printer - one has a single tray and the other has two trays. Mine has the single tray. I think there are different drivers for the two variations. Did you perhaps send me a two-tray driver?

0 Kudos
scotsman101 Member

Hi Joe,

I hope you're still reading my emails.

Anyway, to clarify, in the current Device Settings for the printer, it specifically says

Paper Tray Configuration - 1 Tray

Duplex Unit - Not Available

That was the reason for my email. At the time I sent it, I didn't know what "Duplex Unit" implied, and I thought it was referring to the number of trays.

When I first installed the printer, it was printing double-sided. It did this for a couple of days, then changed to single side.

I'm pretty sure that whatever is stopping it now from printing 2-sided is software related. Is there any local control on the printer itself, which switches it to single side, and which I might have accidentally triggered?

Mike

0 Kudos
Community Manager CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Hi Scotsman101,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. In order to print duplex you must have a Phaser 6600 DN.  If you do not have the DN them there is nothing you can do to make it print duplex.  If you have the DN then make sure you have the up-to-date driver for your PC OS.  If the printer continues to not duplex then service would have to be called.  Joe has given you all the possible solutions for getting it to work if it still is not working then service is your next option or call in to the support centre

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos