cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Phaser 6500N doesn't print - says out of paper

My Phaser 6500N or 6500N PCL6 suddenly stops printing. It says it's out of paper but it's full of paper. How to fix? It's getting frustrating. I have mail to get out.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xerox Analyst
Xerox Analyst

Re: Phaser 6500N doesn't print - says out of paper

Hi,

It is possible that you have a problem in the sensor tray, or the paper settings are wrong. Open and close the tray and follow the instructions on the printer user interface. You need to set the paper type and color. These settings should match the ones set in the driver. If you already try this, as a workaround you can use the bypass or the front tray. You have to load the paper sheet by sheet.

When you finish the urgent job, you should call to your local support centre.

Regards

Rui

Be sure to give out Kudos and select "Accept as Solution"
0 Kudos
Highlighted

We are having the same issue with our printer.  It says tray 1 is empty but it's full.  We are printing from the bypass tray, but I'd like to find a solution.  I've already reset the printer settings, so it doesn't appear to be that.  We had a service tech out on Monday and he took it apart and "banged" some toner out.  Is it possible he messed up the sensor on the tray?  Is that a replacable part?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kmccabe,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. If this problem occurred directly after the technician was there I would suggest you have the tech back out.  It could be a sensor and not that is not a customer replaceable part.  Please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos