Looks like you have tried everything. At this point I would recommend calling Support: 1-800-821-2797.
I have a Microsoft Word document I've been trying to print. I've been troubleshooting the Phaser 6510 for hours... no luck. Very frustrated right now.
- "Check Tray 1 Paper Size A4 Plain" error message when trying to print a Microsoft Word document @ Letter size (8.5" x 11"). If I tell the printer to print anyway, the paper jams after printing about ~80% of the document. Also, here the portion that printed appears to be downsized / smaller than it should be.
- I notice that after changing "Printer Properties" -> Paper -> Other Size -> Change Document Size -> A4 to Letter -> OK.. then clicking "Printer Properties" again, the "Document Size" reads A4 again & settings don't appear to have been saved.
- I've also tried using the "Fit to Size" setting here; and the paper doesn't jam, but the printed image turns out smaller than it should be. (My Word document is set to narrow, 0.5" margins. But here the print is closer to 1" margin.)
STEPS TAKEN / FIXES TESTED:
- Updated firmware (currently at 64.69.51)
- Updated drivers
- Set default paper size for both Tray 1 & Bypass Tray in printer settings to 8.5 x 11".
- Set MS Word settings to print letter size 8.5 x 11".
- Set "Printer Properties" to print letter size 8.5 x 11".
- Tried "Fit to Size" but image printed was smaller/downsized.
- Tried everything really.
I have a feeling this is a problem that requires Xerox engineers to update drivers/firmware for... or did I get a bad unit?