cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richk New Member

Phaser 6700 Black prints as light gray

Jump to solution

As the title says, my machine is printing a light gray for black.  I have tried cleaning the color sensor and my cartridges (OEM) are nearly new.  I need suggestions.

Thanks

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: Phaser 6700 Black prints as light gray

Jump to solution

Try this guys method here, resolves the issue on a vast array of Xerox products in the Phaser lineup

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos
richk New Member

Jump to solution

Thanks.  I had read that, but I couldn't figure out how to get into diagnostic mode on 6700.

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator

Jump to solution

I haven't got one to test, but I know there is a diagnostics in Printer > Tools > Setup > Service Tools > Service Diagnostics

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos
richk New Member

Jump to solution

requires a passcode

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator

Jump to solution

I can't provide that. Just Google "Phaser 6700 Service manual"

Joe
0 Kudos
Technical Escalation Service Provider Nathan195775-ASP
Technical Escalation Service Provider

Jump to solution
Just curious are we not allowed to provide the factory default password for the device on the forum?
Nathan Lefebvre
4 Color Laser:
Xerox Field Service Engineer
Data Recovery / Network Admin

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator

Jump to solution

Since I do not have this printer local to me, I cannot verify that the code it is prompting for is not a diagnostics passcode as opposed to the default admin account.

Safer to link externally than to risk employment ;-)

Joe
0 Kudos
richk New Member

Jump to solution

I have the admin passcode. I set it up when I installed the printer. It is asking for the service diagnostics passcode which seems to be a 4-digit number.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Technical Escalation Service Provider Nathan195775-ASP
Technical Escalation Service Provider

Jump to solution

This password and or login credentials can be found on Page 321 or section 4-6 in the factory service manual for your Phaser 6700.
I am not sure we are allowed to openly provide that information or I would do that for you if an admin can confirm on that it would be great!

Nathan Lefebvre
4 Color Laser:
Xerox Field Service Engineer
Data Recovery / Network Admin