cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fantazia New Member

Phaser 7500 Fuser Jams

Trying to find an aswer to my problem with Phaser 7500DX: When I print from lower trays and A3 size paper jams in fuser. Thought it was a fuser problem, so a replaced the fuser (even had 63.000 pages remainning life). No luck, after 5-6 A3 pages problem again. 2-3 pages jammed in the fuser so much it was hard to remove them. I use fresh Xerox photocopy paper, printer is in mint condition, clean and well-used. Any ideas?

Fantazia Graphics
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Kimzi Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Phaser 7500 Fuser Jams

Hey you!

If its only from lower trays, I would suggest you check the paper rollers in the trays and the paper path.

They could be damaged.

Best Regards

Kimzi

--------------------------------------------
Please remember to select "Accept as Solution" for posts that helped you solve the issue.

0 Kudos
Fantazia New Member

All paper paths and rollers are clean and working OK. Transfer roller maybe? This part is stuck and cannot be removed... I don't know why.

Fantazia Graphics
0 Kudos
Highlighted
ksherrod Member

Can you be more specific on the paper used, and what weight is the paper set at?  Does the problem exist with other paper?  What happens when you use the bypass tray?  Have you replaced the feed rollers?

If the transfer roller is stuck then it may be damaged, defective, or not installed properly...but I don't really see this causing fuser jams, though the roller itself should turn freely.  You should replace or reinstall  this as well regardless.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Fantazia New Member

Jam in fuser happens only with A3 sizes on any of 3-5 trays, mostly on plain paper or paper up to 120 gr. No problem when I print A4 size papers (just printed 400 A4 pages from tray 2 and 3 to test - no problem). Printer has 26.000 pages total print. Rollers and all media paths are clean from any dirt or paper debris.

About transfer roller kit: It's oranage tab ia secured with ascrew in my printer - there is no screw on other Phasers 7500. I checked this. In service manual says: Remove screw and then press tab to release transfer roller. Anyway transfer roller is in perfect condition, mooves freely - this must not be the fuser jam problems.

Must be something like bad sychronisation between rollers from trays and fuser.... But only in A3 sizes... I am so confused....

Fantazia Graphics
0 Kudos
yaniv.harary New Member

You said that few A3 papers are jam together inside the fuser - is it correct?

yaniv

0 Kudos
Fantazia New Member

Yes, paper jams inside fuser like acordeon. Now even worse, this hapens even from manual tray. Jam fault codes 77-103, 77-100, 77-106 and so on... Clutch errors? Never was luck with Xerox. My previous 7300DX is parked after 35.000 pages.

Fantazia Graphics
0 Kudos
Kimzi Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Hi again!

If its only A3 sizes it sure does sound like it's the settings, but I do guess you have checked all that? if you use the bypass tray, and select A3 plain regular 80gsm ppr and do a copy, does that work?

I did have a printer a few days ago having problems printing A3, it was set to cardstock, and when changing back to plain paper it worked perfectly again. Or another was A4 printed wrong edge first and cased jam.. Could be something similar?

Also when printing a lot of A3 and A4, Printer companies do suggest using one fuser for A4 and one for A3.

Best Regards

Kimzi

--------------------------------------------
Please remember to select "Accept as Solution" for posts that helped you solve the issue.

0 Kudos
Fantazia New Member

Thank you for your reply and help! I am on design and print business more than 20 years now so I think I have some experience about... Must be hardware problem. As a technician said, lets change clutches - to try. Will do that. Settings are always correct, all happened about 2-3 months now. Printer set up Feb 2010 - Maybe was first production pieces... A lot of problems. Xerox do not match with me...

Fantazia Graphics
0 Kudos