cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mack2934 New Member

Phaser 7500DT Incomplete Printing

We have recently installed a new networked Phaser 7500DT.  We are having problems printing from multiple pieces of software.  When printing to 11x17 paper we are only getting 1/2 to 3/4 of the page printed on some items.  This happens with Autocad Civil3D 2011, Excel 2007, and Publisher 2007.

In Excel with a simple line chart, and AutoCAD when printing anything with a photo.  This happens when using the drivers installed on the server or installed individually on the machine.  It does the same thing if you use the PostScript or PCL drivers.  Drivers are the latest global drivers off of the website.  We are using Windows XP service pack 3.  The Phaser 7500DT has 2048MB ram, OS version 8.8, Engine 40.12.1.  Postscript 3.2.0, PCL 5.0.  Adobe PostScript 3016.101 (15).

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Xerox Employee JohnM-Xerox
Xerox Employee

Re: Phaser 7500DT Incomplete Printing

Hello mack2934,

Do you know what version of firmware your Phaser 7500 has?

If it is not OS 9.1 / PS 5.3.1 then follow this link and download the latest version. 

Note: After downloading the file, please find and read the firmware upgrade release notes for information about the update and help on how to download the firmware to your printer.
The instructions and release notes will get downloaded with the firmware all at the same time.  Hope this helps!
John
mack2934 New Member

We have installed the latest firmware.  After a few hours of changing AutoCAD and printer settings we have found a solution to get a full 11x17 photo to print, albeit at lower resolution.  We have also managed to get Excel to plot as well at a lower resolution as well.

0 Kudos
Xerox Employee

I'm glad to hear that you got it working.  I'm sorry you had to spend a few hours getting to that point though.

Networks New Member

We are having the same issue with Esxcel 2007 on Windowx XP SP3 I just updated the printer to the lastest OS per this thread and still when we print the sheets only print as far as 11"  I have tried all 3 drivers PCL5 PCL6 and Poscript the 11X17 paper option shows up on the printer and in the printer preferences on the computer.

System: 1.3.8.P/OS 9.1 /PS 5.3.1 / Eng 40.12.1 / Net 41.21.03.09.2010

0 Kudos
Xerox Employee

Hello Networks,

Is it only with Excel 2007 that you see this problem?

When you have the file open in Excel - click on the Page Layout tab and then click on Size from the Page Setup section.  Is 11x17 selected here?  (You may have to select more sizes at the bottom.)  On the same Page Layout tab, check the Scale to Fit section to see if it is set correctly.  Outside of those settings in Excel, you should try to lower the resolution like Mack2934 did to get it to work for you.

John

0 Kudos
mack2934 New Member

Back to working on the Phaser 7500DT.  We are still having issues from a variety of programs while trying to print to 11 x 17 paper.  If you are lucky, you can go into advanced options and change the image type from HPGL to raster and get it to print, some of the time.  Plus when you switch to raster, line work from AutoCAD tends to fade into the background.  The complexity of the spreadsheet or drawing does not seem to matter.  Even in black and white it cannot consistently print on 11 x 17 paper.

0 Kudos
Xerox Employee

Hello Networks and mack2934,

I just noticed that you mentioned how you are using the Global Driver with your Phaser 7500.  Have you tried installing the product specific driver?

0 Kudos
mack2934 New Member

Yes, we also have the the PCL driver installed version 5113.12.  Same issues.

0 Kudos
Xerox Employee

I'm sorry, but I'm out of suggestions.  If no other members who read through this thread can help, then I would ask that you call the Xerox Customer Support line for Phaser products at 1.800.835.6100 and ask to be escalated to 2nd Level support.

0 Kudos