My phaser 7750 went offline some days ago and refuses to return online. I have reinstalled the driver, changed the USB cable, applied some diagnostic programmes (such as FIXIT) and all say that the printer is OK. I have tried to print from another PC, have tried a suggestion to reconfigure the printer port (however, this appeared not possible) and read an endless number of posts that could be relevant, all to no avail. However, if I press "Printerstatus" on the printer itself, it prints the status nicely and as normal. The printer identifies itself as Phaser 7750DN and I work with Windows 7. Xerox Support cannot help me because I have no maintenace contract. However, I use the printer for limited private purposes and a maintenance contract is far beyond a rational solution. As I have exhausted my imagination on what could possibly cause this problem, I post it on this forum.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Is it networked? Or just USB?
If networked can you ping the IP address?
If USB only, does Windows see it when you unplug it and plug it back in?
If Windows sees it plugged in, how does it display in Windows Device manager? Is there a triangle? Does it display under Imaging devices or some place else?
If it isn't there at all, see if selecting View > Show hidden devices changes anything.
If networked, has the port been disabled?
To enable Appsocket (port 9100):
To enable LPR (port 515):
It is just USB.
Windows does not react when I plug or unplug the printer.
It displays under “printers and fax devices”
It is isn’t networked but I checked the ports in the control panel of the printer as you suggested, both were enabled.
What I further did today was:
Xerox Phaser 7750GX PS appears as standard printer with a white V (ok) sign in green dot.
- Nothing happens, the printer control panel says: Ready for printing.
- Under: “show printing tasks”, the test page is as “Printing Error”. The title of that screen is simply: Xerox Phaser 7750GX PS.
- On the “devices and printers” screen, a warning triangle appeared.
- I press “solve problems”
- The problem solver suggests that a document in queue (the test page) should be removed.
- The problem solver says that things have been resolved and that the document in queue has been removed.
- The warning sign on the Devices and printers screen disappears and the screen becomes as described under point 1.
- The document in queue is still there but then disappears (but it takes very much time before that happens).
- Under “show printing tasks”,the test page is shown as standing in queue, no error message. However, the title of the page is now: “Xerox Phaser 7750GX PS - Use printer offline”.
- No warning sign on the “devices and printers” screen.
- I press “solve problems”. The problems solver suggests to switch to Xerox Phaser 7750DN PS. (This doesn’t help as I know). I take the solution: Skip this solution. The solver suggest to start sharing this printer with the home group. I take the solution “skip”.
- The problem solver stops without results.
After these efforts, I:
Can this be a hardware problem after all?
I don’t understand it.
Greetings!, Henk van Loo
Due to the fact Windows does not acknowledge the coonection I would say the port itself is damaged so hardware is at fault.